Tis the season to list your house for sale in Ocean County but only if it passes our test.
What are we talking about?
The fourth quarter of the year is notorious in real estate. Home-Sellers acquire the misconception that “nobody is looking for houses in November and December”. Many real estate agents similarly take “the Holidays” off, whether they admit or not.
This leaves the serious home-buyer in Ocean County with few options at this time of year; they have fewer agents that are willing to work with them and fewer choices when it comes to the home they “have to buy”.
There are only a few reasons home-buyers look at houses in November and December here, in Ocean County
- They SOLD their house in October and NEED a house in the next 2 months!
- They are being relocated by their employer and NEED a home!
- They NEED to find a “shelter” for their income before year end!
Simply stated; yes, there are fewer home-buyers looking for house in Ocean County during the fourth quarter but they NEED to buy a home. When do you believe your chances of selling your house are better; when you have fewer competitors (November/December) or when you have more competition (“the Spring”)?
If you believe your chances of selling your house, and selling for more, increase at this time of year, you’ve passed the first qualification
The next 2 qualifications are critical to achieving this goal:
- Your house must show like champion. Is your house HGTV ready? Could a buyer move in tomorrow and not have to change a thing? If not, are you willing to do what needs to be done to change that?
- Not only must your house be the” best in the show”, it has to be “positioned” at it’s best price too. The days of “can’t we try this” and/or “we gotta get this” are long gone. If you are serious about moving, get serious about your price.
Yes, we said, “home-buyers looking now NEED to buy” but we didn’t say, “they have to settle”. Ocean County may have fewer choices this time of year but there are still choices. If you want to move on with your life in 2013, get your house on the market now. To see if you qualify for our professional services, start here!
Infographic courtesy of Keeping Current Matters.